Tuesday, December 12, 2006

City Swap

My City Swap gift arrived today!


My swap partner Maryann from Astoria, NY sent a gorgeous photograph of the the new york city skyline being reflected in a lake in Central Park. As she explained to me it is a very special place in Central Park as her mother would take her and her brother for walks there as a child.


My photo of a photo doesn't even do it justice but I can tell you the photo is very special. I lived in nyc for 7 years and I know exactly where this spot is in Central Park and it brings back so many memories. I can hear the traffic and the cars honking along Fifth Ave. right now. I feel as if it were yesterday that I was in the big apple yet it also feels like a lifetime ago. And I love the way the photo emits a quiet calm, a sense of peace and a little oasis of nature amidst the sprawling skyscrapers (or grattacieli as we say here in Italy).
It's beautiful.
Plus she wrapped it in an I (heart) NY shopping bag. *sigh* I miss NY!
Thank you so much Maryann for sharing your city with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Oooh! This is lovely. I am so enjoying seeing what everyone got. You know, the choosing was totally random, I drew names, but when I saw that your buddy was from NY I did have to smile...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

bella foto. I just posted yesterday about missing NYC this time of year.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm so glad you liked the photo. I'm also glad it arrived safely to you. It was such a surprise to see the package I sent you on your blogg. :)
Maryann

Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home