Friday, October 20, 2006

Frisky cats

I woke up very early this morning to the sound of my cats playing in the bathroom. When I went in to see what all the fuss was about I found this:



She was eating the toilet paper. Literally eating the toilet paper.
Our other cat is male and he eats any food you put in front of him.


He would eat all day any day if we let him and needless to say he could stand lose a little weight. Nike on the other hand is a very picky eater and usually snuffs at the cat food we try to feed her. Instead she prefers to lick the soap off our hands and to munch on toilet paper as her guilty pleasure.
But the great thing about our cats is that we brought them all the way from nyc. They are truly international cats. Our friend Amanda's dog found them enclosed in a cardboard box on a street in Brooklyn. She couldn't keep them because of the dog so we decided to take care of them. Of course we grew attached and I was trying to find a good home for them before we moved to Rome. I didn't want to just leave them at PetCo for adoption so we decided to bring them with us. It cost a small fortune but several vaccination shots and two microchip identification tags later they were ready to go. Honestly, I am so glad they did make the trip with us as they are the best cats in the whole world. Even if they destroy the toilet paper and leave huge hairballs in the corners. We love them anyway.

8 Comments:

Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Oh thank god someone elses cats do this. Our catbeast doesn't like any people food (we don't know how she got so fat on cat food) but loves toilet paper, plastic bags and hubby's hair.

Freak.

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

We did not have a tub in our Chicago apartment, now in Milan we do and our cat loves to jump in it. We can always tell he has been there by the little paw prints. It cost us some money and distress to bring him here also, but his snuggling up to me makes it all well worth it!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger avery said...

Finnyknits, that video is hilarious. And I thought our cat was the only one with such eccentric habits!
Celia, Your cat is beautiful! I couldn't imagine not bringing ours over here. So worth it!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Our cats love the toilet paper rolls too.... who needs toys, right? ;)

Friday, October 27, 2006 4:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

nuttin' like some good ol' terrrrlit payper da gitya goin in the mornin :)

what?

Friday, October 27, 2006 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Averina! You're starting to scare me. Two American girls in Rome with Italian boys and a pair of cats. Ok, I guess our eventual meeting alla Tracie and Nicky is now inevitable!

Monday, October 30, 2006 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

Our cat Isabell looks a bit like yours and if she gets hold of a loose roll of toilet paper it`s strung everywhere across the floor. I think it`s her favorite toy! Animals are funny!
Glad I fell somehow on your blog :)

tea
xo

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so lucky to stay with your cats in italy togehter.
can i ask your experience of bringing them into italy?
I want to bring 2 of my cats from China to italy to live with my husband. Do u know if my cats have to get microchip in their bodies and have blood test certificate? the bacterin for anti-rabies is of couse they should have.
My cats are Grillo and Birillo. The cutest cats i have ever seen.
Can u send me a message to simone_ruan@hotmail.com?
I am really worrying about how to bring them together with me to italy.
thank u so much in advance!
Simone

Sunday, December 10, 2006 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home