Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Birthday Bliss

I am so spoiled.
My husband who is a fabulous cook made me a birthday feast. Wow.
We were going to go out with some friends for dinner but since I had to work early the next morning we decided to stay in and he whipped up a few of my favorite things.
What could be better than homemade pizza? TWO homemade pizzas!


Toni made carciofi (artichoke), prociutto, mozzarella, robiola, and gorgonzola which was heaven on earth. He also made mushroom and smoked provola pizza which was so yummy as well. Plus as appetizer we had fiori di zucca fritti con mozzarella e prosciutto (fried zucchine flowers stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto) uva fragola (grapes) and fried brie cheese. Not the healthiest or lightest dinner but since it was my birthday I decided to live it up. My arteries aren't thanking me but my stomach and taste buds are.

For dessert, champagne and torta con panna e frutta. It was all so delicious.


Plus I am the proud new owner of a spiffy blue mountain bike. Just look how beautiful she is!


And check out her sexy backside.

Ain't she a looker? And there is even a matching blue bell on the handlebars.


Yipee! I have a newfound freedom and I love it! I don't have to wait for the bus anymore or shove my way onto it during rush hour traffic. I don't have to bribe my loved ones and friends for a ride on back of their scooters. I don't have to wonder as I'm waiting at the bus stop if today is the day I will be late for work because I've been waiting 20 minutes now and there is no sign of my bus.... or I have to let 3 busses pass because it is so packed with people you just can't get on. Too bad I don't live closer to the metro. But even the metro is limited in where it can take you. (*sigh* I miss my 6 and L lines in nyc) And metros of course have their accidents.
On my birthday in fact two trains on the A line in Rome crashed. Over 200 people were injured and 2 died. Of course the American tv stations targeted this as possibly a terror related incident but it turned out to be faulty equipment (brakes?) on one of the trains.
But back to my lovely new bike....
I used to ride my bike in nyc during the spring/summer/fall months and I loved it. I am so excited to be able to ride the streets again although I think the traffic in Rome is a bit more chaotic and dangerous than nyc. Not to mention all the hills but I am ready for a challenge! Next step...motorino!
Amore mio, thank you for such a lovely birthday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ebony and Ivory said...

Aw! How sweet! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Cool bike...guard it with your life! Those pizzas look yummy...

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Avery! Sounds like my kind of birthday celebration :). What kind of work do you do anyway? Sometimes I wish I didn't have to wait for the bus and could ride a bike to work, but in NJ it's a little complicated, haha. Take care.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Happy belated birthday. :) My bike is looking forward to a bit of hibernation for the winter. :) YUM PIZZA. You have a keeper there.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Happy belated birthday Avery,what a super husband you have cooking up that feast.Great prezzy too, though be careful in the crazy Rome traffic.

Shirley

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:04:00 PM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Hot bike, baby! Happy delicious birthday :)

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

wow...what a great birthday, a bike and homemade food. Happy Belated birthday!!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger avery said...

Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes :)

Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Hey! I can't believe I missed your birthday. ;-( I would have definitely brought you a bottle of the bubbly. I love your bike, but now I'm gonna sound like your mom: be careful! I used to ride my bike to work here and it was a bit nervewracking. My bike wasn't such a looker, I just got stares because I was the dork wearing the helmet...

Monday, October 30, 2006 7:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home