Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's HERE!!!!!

I just picked up my Permesso di Soggiorno this morning from la Polizia. It took just over a year to get but it's finally here.
Yipee!!!

*smile smile smile*(big toothy grin)*giggle giggle*
Yay! I feel like a little schoolgirl who just won first prize in a contest.

The best part was when the police personally greeted me this morning "oh hello Avery." And the other man behind the desk smiled "ooooh, its Avery. She'll be very happy" They know me on a first name basis because I was there almost every week this past year trying figure out what happened to my permesso. I'm sure they are happy to finally be rid of me. At least for the next two years until I have to renew.
Yay! It's finally here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auguri on getting your permesso di soggiorno! You must feel like Christmas has come early :) Delina

Thursday, December 07, 2006 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

That is awesome! finally! an early Christmas present! Cecilia

Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

CONGRATS. Only someone who's been through this can truly understand the giddy feeling. And tell you that as ridiculous as it sounds, it might be a moment you'll never forget. I was so incredibly in AWE when I got my first permesso after the HELL I had been through, that I just stared at it. I was afraid to touch it. The guy who had just stamped it, put my picture on (they used to staple them on when I got my first one :-)) and made me sign it looked at me and had to say "Prego!" to make me wake up and take the thing.

Sigh of relief.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

LOL. Congrats! What a nice early present.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Ebony and Ivory said...

Congrats on getting your Permesso! Is it really that long and drawn out a process?? You expats over there are a patient bunch, that's for sure!

Friday, December 08, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Wooo-hooooooo!

Friday, December 08, 2006 1:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Friday, December 08, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger avery said...

Yay! Thanks for all the congrats. I realize now that even though I had to wait over a year it still wasn't nearly as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard from other expats. Shelley has a few great stories up her sleeve about this topicl If there is one thing that I'm learning in Italy it is PATIENCE. the golden rule.

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger BroLo said...

I've got an appointment in early January to apply for my soggiorno. Crossing my fingers.
It was better in the old days when the soggiorno's didn't expire. Sigh.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home