Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Heat is on

It is so dang hot in Rome. The thermometer says 24 celsius which is about 75 farenheit but this cannot be right. Normally I would be strutting around town with my sunglasses on in a perfect 75degree weather but it feels so much hotter than that. Try around 95F where you sweat while you are sitting doing nothing.
Thanks global warming.
And today I am so craving a Mexican martini. Oh the joy. The best thirst quencher around for those scorching days (ignore the fact that alcohol dehydrates) oh Austin, I miss you.
For those of you in the dark a Mexican martini is similar to a margarita but made like a martini. Ahem....shaken, not stirred.



And the best in Austin has got to be from Cedar Door. With Trudy's Tex-Mex coming in a close second. To make your own nectar of the gods here is the creme de la creme.

Cedar Door's Original Mexican Martini
In a 16-oz. shaker glass full of ice combine:
1 1/2 oz. Sauza Gold Tequila*
1 1/2 oz. Hiram Walker Triple Sec

Finish with freshly squeezed lime juice, a splash of orange juice and sweet and sour. Shake well and serve in a champagne glass with a salted rim, garnished with three olives on a sword pick and lime wedge.

*I would recommend a better tequila than sauza (try Herradura Añejo, El Tesoro de Don Felipe, Espolon Añejo, or even Cabo Wabo Añejo Mileni)because the better the tequila the smoother the martini.
Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Averina, cara mia, if I come over will you make me one of these? Next time you are craving one or making one, I'm just an SMS away!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Thistlemoon said...

I know, it is really hot in FL now as well! Ack! This humidity is what is killing me....but this post is putting me in the mood for a margarita for sure!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger avery said...

Ma certo Shellina! After one of these you won't even notice how hot it is in Rome!
Jenndz- FL has got to be way more humid than Rome so my sympathy goes out to you. And a good margarita is a good cure-all. Cin Cin!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:33:00 PM  
Blogger Texas Espresso said...

YUM! I bet its good with a silver tequila too!

Friday, June 15, 2007 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what else is great on a hot day? A nice, cold michilada from the San Jose Hotel (austin) - best in town.

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home